Thursday, May 1, 2014

Just in time for the lies


It was only a matter of  time  until something like this happened.

Today I had the privilege of spending time in Carter's classroom. Somedays I help with home readers, but I stayed back a bit longer today to help with an art activity. 

Carter has a fantastic teacher who has more patience in her little toe than I have all together.  More than anything I appreciate her sincere care for my little man.

I love watching Carter in action. He is the Art Helper this week.  As you can imagine, he takes his jobs VERY seriously.  At one point in the morning, some children at his table needed help finding the next blank page to glue in their work. Carter then told me HE needed help too. 

I showed them the same thing I'm sure their teacher has shown them many a time. We started at the front and flipped through til we found a blank page. I used Carter's book as the example and made a point of commenting on the great work I could see as I flipped through. 

There were several drawing with captions that Carter had obviously narrated to his teacher to write for him. 

One described him at the park. 

Another one showed a train.

But the one that caught my eye was the picture with the caption under it;

"This is a picture of my Daddy smoking."

I asked him if he had told his teacher that Daddy smokes.  He smiled proudly and said;


"Yes!"

3 comments:

  1. Oh no! Kids do the funniest things - did you say anything to the teacher?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope - I asked Carter about it that afternoon and first thing the next morning he went up to her without me even asking him to and announced "my dad doesn't smoke". She looked a bit confused so I had to explain. Hopefully knowing Carter means she knows he is likely to throw some curly stories out there :)

      Delete
  2. Our dear Carter- the world is so much richer because he's in it..... I have so many funny stories to tell over here because of him too :) love and hugs, mum xoxo

    ReplyDelete