Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Stubborn as a race horse

I have a stubborn spirit. 

I know some who know me may not know this about me. Some may even find it hard to believe and think I am just being self critical. But it's 100% true - Anthony can testify to this. 

I'm not saying it's always a negative thing either. Sometime this stubbornness works to my favour in helping me to not settle when I believe something is of true importance.

But there are other times when I am left with the nagging feeling that I need to apologise. Usually to my sweetheart. 

He always accepts it though. He has to, I make his lunches and dinners. 

There is something heavenly about knowing he is the one person who has seen all my 'ugly' sides over the last decade, but still calls he me beautiful every single day.

I think my stubbornness is part of my nature. I don't think I inherited it - I just came this way.

Perhaps that is why I have faced what feels like some difficult trials early in life; because my stubborn spirit needed such challenges to grow.

But how thankful I am for a stubborn spirit to carry me through these trials. 

And even more so, I am grateful to this man who loves me when I wear pyjamas in the middle of the afternoon with my hair unbrushed and I am completely unshowered. And he still tells me I'm beautiful. 


2 comments:

  1. Just for the record Joanne- as your mother, I don't think the word stubborn describes you at all.. You are strong, determined, and resilient definitely with such gentleness, sweetness and purity of heart all blended to make you the amazing woman that you are. You came from heaven with strength and determination to choose the right at all costs, resilience to withstand all that is set before you to test you in this life and with a purity of heart that is Christ -like as you uplift, strengthen and deeply touch all within your reach. You are valiant, not stubborn:)

    Love forever, Mum xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me happy to know that you're treated with so much kindness from Anthony.... of course you deserve it, but I'm grateful you married someone that treats you like a queen. You compliment each other well.
    I agree with everything Mum said. I like your "stubbornness" anyway, but I would say that your passionate, not stubborn.

    ReplyDelete