Sunday, June 2, 2013

Birthday Blues

So my 29th birthday is coming up and I was thinking to myself;

"Hmmm, 29 isn't that old right?  I mean, having a 7 year old can make me feel old, but I know that in most peoples opinion 29 is still on the younger side."

I was feeling good about this.

Enter Tony.

On Friday night, the movie 'Suddenly 30' was on.  I asked the boys if they wanted to watch and they seemed interested.  Early on in the movie, Jenna (Jennifer Garner's character) wants to be older.  Her ideal age is 30 (ahh the stupidity of youth).  To try and make herself appear a little more...ahem...mature, she stuffs her bra with tissues and is busted by her Mother.

My clueless boys found this baffling and Tony asked me;

"Mum, why is she doing that?"

I gave a simple, yet what I thought was sufficient, answer.

"She is doing it to look older, like a grown up woman."

He gave a laugh and shook his head at such a silly idea.  Then he stung me twice in one comment as he replied;

"That's dumb isn't it Mum.  Look, you only have little ones and you're old!"

So this birthday I have been reminded that I am old AND in Tony's opinion  flat-chested.  Thanks Tones.....thanks a bunch!

2 comments:

  1. Its a good thing you have a good sense of humour Jo :) Happy Birthday for tomorrow-tell Tony the best things come in small packages ...... and you are still in your twenties- just a babe.
    Love you lots, Mum and Dad xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more sleep till your birthday!
    Haha.... Payback will be the day he gets to hear this story when he's older. He's right about it being dumb though. Oh I love his wise words! I love Tony!
    Do you remember what Alyce and I stuffed our shirts with when we were Tony's age?

    ReplyDelete