Thursday, February 14, 2013

Token Valentines Day post

Being Valentines Day, a love post seems tokenistic, but tough! I'm doing it anyway!

My valentine asked me in the car today what I thought the greatest love song was. It didn't take me long to answer; 'God Only Knows' by The Beach Boys. I LOVE it!

He quickly answered and said;

"Ha! That's the same song I was going to say!"

It's a complex song! It only has two verses but it's got great layer, tune, and lyrics.

In case you aren't familiar....

"I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it
Ill make you so sure about it

God only knows what I'd be without you

If you should ever leave me
Though life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me

God only knows what I'd be without you"

I know it seems contradictory, and I may be completely wrong, but I read it as saying sometimes things may be tough, but I will love you in a way that you know you are everything to me.

I guess I find that genuinely romantic. The kind of love where even in those moments where you may be disappointed or angry at one another, you still know how loved you are. Not that those moments of anger or disappointment should be frequent, just that you are shown love so often and completely that those moments are just that - moments.

Falling in love is easy. It doesn't take work. Staying in love can be work at times. But I am fortunate enough to be able to say that 99 percent of the time its work I can do with my eyes closed.

Love you my boy xxx

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful Joanne. To truly love and feel loved is one of life's greatest treasures-you and Anthony are wealthy beyond measure. Much love, Mum xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved everything you wrote, but especially the last paragraph about staying in love. That could go on a hallmark, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete