Saturday, January 21, 2012

I only cast the best

I tend to blog whatever is on my mind. At the moment, it's my Nana. Since my last post, she passed away. It was peaceful and I am pleased for her as I know she is in a better place. This knowledge takes the sting out of death, but I am still sad though.

My Nana was 85 and has lived a full life. Her age and heart condition were clear indicators she was certainly in the later stages of her life, but it still feels too soon.

I am sad for me. There is a void in my life now, one that can't be filled, as no one can take her place.

Its as though my life is a movie. I am the director, and as the director I have also given myself the starring role. I have chosen the people I want to have major roles in my movie and I want to keep them there. They aren't just good in their position and play their part well, they are spectacular people. They are all key to my movie.

But now it feels as though I have shown up to the set one morning and one of my best isn't there. That one missing person makes the set feel bare and empty. When I ask around, the Head Writer tells me that characters isn't in these next few scenes.

My movie can't be right without her. I tested so many people for roles in my movie, and now I have found the best, it seems ridiculous to write them out. There are key scenes coming up that need her in them or it just won't be the same.

I vent my concerns to the Writer, and he assures me that he has the script all planned out, that I need not worry. Even though I can't see it now, she still has a role in the movie, its just our big reunion comes a few scenes down the track.

Even though there will be many 'scenes' in my life yet to come that will feel a little empty without my dear Nana, I eagerly await our big reunion.

1 comment:

  1. So beautifully expressed yet again Jo. There will be some amazing reunion scenes for all of us. A loving God has made sure of that. xo

    ReplyDelete