Monday, January 2, 2012

Bringing in 2012

When midnight rolled around this New Years, everyone in our house was fast asleep. I knew we would be. In fact, I planned on us being asleep while everyone else rang in 2012. I was still tired out from Christmas!

I honestly cannot remember the last New Year’s Eve that I was awake at midnight. I guess I am kind of boring that way. Actually I am admittedly kind of boring in lots of ways, but I am boring and proud of it.

I appreciate the quiet days filled with the boring, mundane tasks of everyday life. I love a day when I don’t have to leave the house at all. I think this is because for us, life is full of normal life and then there is some sort of big hiccup that disrupts our normality. It’s generally Carter or I being admitted to hospital or something but it really makes me appreciate the boring.

As Anthony and I crawled into bed New Year’s Eve, he cheekily asked;

“So, do you want to celebrate New Year’s the best way I know how?”

I raised an eyebrow to which he called out;

“TICKLE FIGHT!!!!!”

Being the less ticklish of the two of us, I won. I win our tickle fights EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

1 comment:

  1. i wasn't sure where this one was going with Ants bedtime question... haha. There must be something in the air- Tim tortured me with tickling my feet last night. He always wins.

    ReplyDelete