Friday, October 21, 2011

Best Friends

Carter has been rather affectionate lately. He just randomly comes up to us and kisses our legs, arms, feet, back, face, or head. He will just plant one on us and continue on about his business like it never happened. When I went to pick him up from pre-school Tuesday afternoon, one of his teachers told me that he has been kissing her and the other teacher all day! It's a far cry from the little fellow who wouldn't pause long enough to give us a hug.

Carter's speech is also developing nicely. He still doesn't speak very clearly, but he loves to tell us stories and enjoys a good old chat. One of his current favourite phrases is;

"You're/He's my best friend." ("He" is used for both males AND females in Carter's case)

Today I was his best friend.
Yesterday Harry Potter was his best friend. Tony made it to best friend status for about 3 minutes in the afternoon but was then accused of 'not sharing' and lost the title.
Wednesday Postman Pat was his best friend.
Tuesday Trooper (our friend's dog) was his best friend.
Monday I was NOT his best friend. Apparently I was a "naughty boy" that day.

2 comments:

  1. Please give Carter a big kiss for me Jo... I loved reading about his week. And please give Tony a big hug... I know kisses aren't high on his list of favourites...has he got any kisses from Carter yet? Love u Mumxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love their kisses. Actually pacey is making me kiss her finger right now, she points it to me and goes "mmmmmmmm". She's not even hurt, ha.
    Can I be carter's best friend, even if it is just for 1 minute? One month till I see you all again, I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete