Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A special type of news

Tonys news day is Monday! For those of us who remember having news day, this was a great day! Tony decided he would bring along his Rugby trophies and medals for his news this week.
After dinner (at 3:40pm!-yes i know we eat dinner VERY early), the boys were getting ready for a bath. As Tony was getting changed I asked him about his news. He told me it went well.
I said to him;
"I wish I could have been there to watch you do your news".
He cheerfully told me;
"Its ok mum, I can just do it now!"
He get all ready and stood up straight holding onto his trophies and just before he began he said;
"Ok mum, now just pretend I'm not naked alright?"

Carter on the other hand has developed a bit of a tendancy to lie! Yes, my 3 year old is a liar-but only on the important things! And poor old Papi tends to get the blame.
For example;
"Carter....did you wee on the floor?"
"No!"
"Who did this wee on the floor?"
"Papi!!!"

"Carter..did you wipe mashed potato on the tv screen?"
"No....Papi!"

"Carter...did you wipe your boogers on Daddy?"
"No,...Papi!"

I have to say that Papi has some rather gross habits for an almost 50 year old :o)
Ah the joys of children! No matter how tired or bad a day you can have, they always make you smile

3 comments:

  1. News day, that was an exciting day as a kid (same as show and tell right). You should get Tony to bring in your pets like we did - Fred the bush turkey would go down well.
    I wonder if Carter knows you can see through his lies or if he believes he's tricked you everytime. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i love it! Your boys are just too funny! i think Carter thinks he's the biggest trickster when he tells a lie! and Tony has so many classic lines! "Just pretend im not naked ok" is one to remember!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog Joanne! I can just picture Tony giving you his naked rendition of his news day at school..Did Jade say 'show and tell'..how appropriate :)
    Papi must be honored that it is he Carter chooses to use as his scapegoat! At least its a real person Carter blames, not an imaginary one :)xx

    ReplyDelete