Friday, February 11, 2011

School Boy


Well.....it has happened....we have a school boy now!
I knew it was coming and yes i was excited but I kind of wish it was just temporary and I would have my Tony back again soon. I never really realised what a great helper he was to me until now, but on the positive he LOVES school.
His first day he started an hour later than all the other kids at 10 am and he woke up at 6 am and said "YES YES YES I got to school today!"
He then burst out of his room at 6:05 am all dressed in his uniform (complete with hat). Lucky he was ready with ony 4 HOURS to spare!!!

After what seemed like an entire day, it was finally time to go to school.
We drove in the car to school and found a park and just as we pulled in Tony grabbed his bag and said;
"Ok see ya Mum!"
I couldnt believe it and said;
"Tony we are DEFINITELY coming in with you!".
Not that I wanted tears or anything at the idea of leaving me, his beloved mother, but I thought he would at least be a little more eager to stay close by til he got in the gates. It was nice leaving him though and knowing he was totally happy and secure being there.
We came to pick him up just before 3pm and when he came out the door Anthony asked him;
"So...how was school?"
Tony stretched his arms out, tipped his face to the sky and proclaimed;
"I LOVE IT!!!"

4 comments:

  1. He looks like he is coming down the stairs all ready and proud for the prom. What a cutie boy! I can remember loving school that much and looking forward to it each morning, even when I started highschool (mainly because that's where I got to see my bf). Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome boy and so grown up! I can just see him soaking up all there is to learn and enjoy at school...and then being reunited with his beloved mother at the end of the day will be even sweeter for him :)Thanks for the great blog Joanne. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo - great account of Tony going to school. I can just picture him raising his hands and saying "I LOVE IT". By the way welcome back to blogging. We love reading about your special family. Lots of love, Dad xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. IM LATE!!!! I didnt evense your updated posts!!! Tony is just soooo adorable! i love it! such a great post!

    ReplyDelete