Friday, August 6, 2010

Holy Ghost....NO.......SCARY GHOST!!!

Tony and I were having one of our deep and meaningful conversations in the car the other day and we came upon the topic of people we know who have died. After listing a few Tony piped up with;
"Mummy I know someone who has died!"
"Who Tony?"
"Jesus!"
"Thats right Tony"
"And the Holy Ghost!"
I paused for a minute and told him;
"No Tony the Holy Ghost hasnt died because he never had a body so he can't die".
Tony was quiet for a little while and I figured my response had explained this to him well enough as if he isn't clear on something I am barraged with a whole bundle of questions. After a few minutes I heard him say quietly;
"Mummy, I think if I see the Holy Ghost I will be scared of him".
I asked him why and he said;
"Because he is just a head!"
I gave a funny look and asked what he meant to which he replied:
"If he hasn't got a body then he is just a head all by itself and thats scary".
My explanation had turned the Holy Ghost into something to be scared of! My poor Tony!

2 comments:

  1. He's probably picturing something similar to "The Wizard of Oz - 2", with all the spare heads the witch lady keeps. Poor thing, no wonder kids are scared of everything, they've got such good imaginations and take things so literally. Ahh... I love Tony boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, when it comes to parenting, you are "head and shoulders" above the rest(meaning me :))...You do a great job with all your explaining to Tony...and your funny stories give me a laugh for days :)
    love u xx

    ReplyDelete