Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ah the Joys of Parenthood

If you are eating I suggest you stop reading right now!
Carter had surgery last friday and I got a little more than I bargained for. Anthony took our little monkey into hospital at 6am on the friday morning and Carter went into surgery at 9am to have a bronchoscopy (spelling??), grommits put in and his adenoids taken out. He did well in surgery and ended up having to stay that night. Later that afternoon I dropped by to visit my boys and Carter was quite a little livewire and seemed his happy self. When they were released the next morning he was still happy but got a bit grizzly that night. Sunday morning I stayed home with him as he was grumpy and exhausted and despite going to bed at 7pm the night before; he woke at 11:30 the next morning so clearly he was tired. When he woke up Anthony and Tony were at church so I brought him into our bed as he still seemed sleepy and very clingy.
All was good and he was extremely thirsty so he hd about 300ml to frin and we were lying there relaxing (me relaxing happily-carter relaxing grumpily) and without warning he projectile vomited smack bang into my eye!!!! Approximately 300ml of vomit straight into my face!!!
AHHH the joys of being a parent

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh the old vomit in the eye trick! LOL hope your eye is ok! and Hope carter isnt feeling sooo grumpy anymore! miss you guys! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh carter. I miss him...even if he vomits in people's eyes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely forgot last Saturday when we saw him that he's just had surgery. He is such a happy lil soldier! Vomit in the eye, mouth... What next? Nose? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jo, the joys of motherhood know no bounds do they :) It's a good thing you have a sense of humour and can laugh about these things. What a fun mum you are Joanne!
    Love u xx

    ReplyDelete