Monday, May 24, 2010

Leech!!!

So I was at home cooking today in the kitchen (obviously) and I had jeans on and the outside of my ankile was itching but I thought it was just the edge of my jean cuff rubbing agaist it. My hands were busy stirring sauce and so I used my other foot to scratch it and it was all better.

Well....whilst washing the dishes I looked down and on the floor I saw a little slug but when I looked closer it was moving funny and I suspected it was a LEECH!!! I googles leeches and low and behold it was a leech.

After about 5 mins I was trying to figure out where it had come from as I had just swept the floor recently and then I put two and two together and realised maybe it was on me and fell off and then I thought of my itchy ankle and when I pulled up the leg of my jeans I saw what had been causing my itchy ankle.

I was so grossed out and with Carter asleep, Anthony at Uni and Tony at preschool there was noone to see me freak out.

5 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. i'm grossed out and i wasn't even there! you're so brave! EW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jo, that's awful..have you got any blood left? Those slippery little suckers must like your tropical environment up there. I just showed Rach the photo of your leg and she felt faint :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it was pretty gross! Its weird though cos it actually bleeds for about 2 hours after cos the leech must get something in you that stops your blood from clotting. This photo was taken about 30 mins after the leech was actually gone and it was still trickling with blood. It doesnt hurt at all though-just itches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That even makes me feel sick! Just the thought of it sucking out all the blood and how it detaches. What did your boys think? I used to think spitfires were leeches. That walk to school in summer used to freak me out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to get freaked out by those trees covered with spitfires and used to run under them cos i was scared one would drop off the tree onto me. I wonder if they are actually dangerous or just look scary and us kids convinced ourselves they were dangerous

    ReplyDelete